Teen Writing Contest 2019
It's time for Siouxland Libraries' 2019 Teen Writing Contest!
We invite teens to submit one of their short stories. It can be based on real experience, fiction, or a blend of both.
- The contest is open to 6th through 12th graders.
- Your story has to be rated "G" or "PG."
- Stories must be 1000 words or less.
First day to submit stories: November 1
Last day to submit stories: November 30
Submit your stories by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winners will be contacted before Monday, December 9, when we will make a public announcement on our website and social media pages.
Entries must include name, grade, phone, email, and parent/guardian name.
All winning stories will be posted on the library's website and social media pages.
Entries may have more than one author, but only one prize will be awarded per entry.
First, second, and third place will be chosen from three grade groups (6th & 7th, 8th & 9th, and 10th-12th) based on the following criteria:
- Use of language
- Adherence to rules
By submitting your story, you agree to the following:
- Submission of a story grants Siouxland Libraries the right to publish it on its website and social media pages.
- Submissions will not be returned to the author after the contest.
- Submissions must be original stories, and any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.