Sertoma Avenue Water Main – 41st Street to 57th Street
Project Update 8/16/2019
- The contractor has completed the grading for Phases A and B, and is currently working on installing the gravel base. We expect this work to be completed this week, with asphalt paving to follow. After the asphalt gets placed in Phases A and B, work will begin in Phase C.
- The City has decided to mill and overlay the west side of Sertoma Avenue in conjunction with this project. This will add approximately two weeks to the overall project timeline. This puts the revised completion date for the project in mid-September, barring any weather delays.
Project Milestones Have Changed
- Milestone 1: Project Start
- Milestone 2: Phase A Utilities
- Milestone 3: Phase A Grading & Paving
- Milestone 4: Phase B Utilities
- Milestone 5: Phase B Grading & Paving
- Milestone 6: Phase C Utilities
- Milestone 7: Phase C Grading & Paving
- Milestone 8: Mill and Overlay Sertoma Avenue
- Milestone 9: Restoration and Cleanup
Commuter Route Information
- Sertoma Avenue is closed.
- Commuter traffic is detoured to Marion Road.
- Local access to homes will be maintained as construction allows.
Sign Up for Notifications
Contract Amount: $1,288,000
Completion Date: 08/30/2019
Work will include improvements to the water supply system. Work will also include improvements to various asphalt roadways, curb and gutter, and sidewalk ADA ramps. Upon completion of work, site restoration will take place.
City of Sioux Falls
Stockwell Engineers, Inc.
(605) 338-6668 (office)
Winter Brothers Underground