Sioux Area Metro COVID-19 Operating Procedures
Social Distancing and Enhanced Cleaning
Social Distancing Guidelines on SAM buses during COVID-19 Pandemic follow CDC guidelines for social distancing. Sioux Area Metro continues to limit the number of passengers to nine (9) on each fixed route bus. When all 9 seats are occupied, bus operators will not allow more passengers to board. Overflow of passengers will be boarded on separate vehicle and taken to their destination or to the Bus Depot.
- Riders should maintain as much distance as possible between other riders and the driver.
- All drivers are wearing masks while driving and we strongly encourage riders to do the same.
- If you are feeling ill, please do not ride the bus and stay at home.
Enhanced Cleaning of Buses during COVID-19 Pandemic
Sioux Area Metro continues to enhance cleaning methods to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Expanded routine cleaning of commonly/frequently touched surfaces such as handrails, handles, seats, operating controls and knobs.
- Each bus is equipped with a commercial disinfectant deodorant that sanitizes fabric and leather and kills several pandemic viruses. Drivers use the disinfectant as needed.
- SAM employees have been advised to wash their hands as frequently as possible.
- Thoroughly cleaning of buses when they return to the garage as often as possible with current available staff.