Southwest Sioux Falls Drainage Improvements – Phase 1
Project Update 9/17/2021
- During the past 2-weeks, crews were able to fully complete the project with the completion of fine grading, placing topsoil and seed around sidewalk patches, and finishing any miscellaneous cleanup work.
- The project team appreciates your patience and support during the construction of this project.
- This will be the last webpage update for the project.
Commuter Route Information:
- All streets remain open to traffic.
- Installation of erosion control and traffic control
- Tree and topsoil removal
- Excavation and site grading
- Storm drainage pipe installation
- Sump pump collection system installation
- Sidewalk and curb & gutter repairs
- Fine grading
- Site restoration
August 31, 2021
This project consists of drainage improvements within an existing drainage way from Galway Avenue to Sundowner Avenue. The southwest area of Sioux Falls has seen significant drainage issues during major rain events over the last several years, and the improvements are being constructed to address those issues. Work includes grading of the channel from Galway Avenue to Anthony Avenue, and construction of a storm water detention pond between Anthony Avenue and Sundowner Avenue. A low flow storm drainage pipe will be constructed adjacent to the channel from Galway Avenue to Anthony Avenue. A sump pump collection system will also be constructed along the north side of 61st Street. Stub outs will be provided residents to hook up to if they choose.
City of Sioux Falls
Stockwell Engineers, Inc.
H&W Contracting, LLC