Marion Road Watermain-Benson Road to University Trail
Project Update 12/27/2019
- The Contractor has installed new water main from University Trail to Yukon Trail.
- The Contractor plans to resume work on Phase 1 between Benson Road and Yukon Trail in early January, weather permitting. They expect to complete Phase 1 work by the end of January.
- There will be additional work in the spring of 2020.
- Water main installation between University Trail and 54th Street
- Water main installation between 54th Street and Yukon Trail
- Water main installation between Yukon Trail and Benson Road
- Installation of culvert at 54th Street
- Site Restoration/Clean-up for Phase 1
- Water main installation across Marion Road at 54th Street
- Water main installation across Marion Road at Jans Drive
- Water main installation across Marion Road at Yukon Trail
- Replacement of existing surfacing
- Site Restoration/Clean-up for Phase 2
Commuter Route Information
- The west shoulder of Marion Road between Benson Road and Yukon Trail will be closed while construction work is occurring.
- The lanes will be shifted, but commuters can expect two-way traffic to be maintained on Marion Road for the duration of the work this winter.
- Next Spring, Marion Road will need to be closed for short periods of time to allow the contractor to install water main across Marion Road.
- During this time, traffic will be detoured to Career Avenue at 60th Street North and Benson Road.
Completion Date:June 13, 2020
Project Summary:This project consists of installation of 24” water main along Marion Road between Benson Road and University Trail, removal and replacement of storm sewer culverts, removal and replacement of existing surfacing, and site restoration. The project is being completed to improve service and reliability in the area.
City of Sioux FallsJustin Petersen, Project Manager
Consultant Name:DGR Engineering
H&W Contracting, LLC