Ellis Road 41st Street to 26th Street
- Completed sidewalk and colored concrete splashguard along the south side of 26th Street, east and west of Ellis Road.
- Concrete pours for sidewalk along the west side of Ellis Road beginning June 4th at 26th street and progressing south.
- All storm drainage pipe installed along Ellis north of Stoney Creek. Drop inlet construction beginning June 5th.
- Excavation and shaping of new ditch on the west side of Ellis between Stoney Creek and 12th Street.
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from 41st Street to 26th Street
- Landscaping, median paving, and sidewalk installation from 41st Street to 26th Street
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from 26th Street to 22nd Street
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from 22nd Street to Stoney Creek Street
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from Stoney Creek Street to 12th Street
- Landscaping, median paving, and sidewalk installation from 26th Street to 12th Street
Tea/Ellis Road will be closed to traffic during construction. Use Sertoma Avenue. Alternating intersections will be closed as needed for construction.
Ellis Road Status
|41st Street to 26th Street||Open|
|26th Street to 22nd Street||Closed|
|22nd Street to Stoney Creek Street||Closed|
|Stoney Creek Street to 12th Street||Closed|
East/West Cross Streets
- 22nd Street: Open
- Stoney Creek Street: Closed to traffic beginning Monday, June 10th
- All other streets crossing Ellis Road: Open
Estimated Completion Date
Contract Amount: $12.2M
Reconstruct Ellis Road to a 4-lane urban street with center median, street lights, traffic signals and concrete side paths. New sanitary sewer, storm sewer and water main will be installed. Dedicated right and left turn lanes will be constructed at multiple intersections along Ellis. The improvements to Ellis Road will increase traffic capacity and safety. The utility improvements will serve the west side as continued growth occurs.
City of Sioux Falls
John Osman, Project Manager
Jon Heck, Project Manager
KLJ is a private civil engineering firm hired by the City of Sioux Falls to provide construction updates and construction administration for the project. Please contact the following team members for questions or concerns.
T&R Contracting, Inc.