Airport Industrial Park Utility Improvements Project
Project Update 8/11/2022
- Surfacing work is now complete in Phase 1, 2, 5 and 9, but some restoration work remains.
- Phase 6 and 8 grading and surfacing work is underway and will continue into next week.
- Phase 3 and the remaining utility work in Phase 4 is underway. Both borings underneath existing rail lines are complete.
- Restoration, including seeding, fertilizing, and mulching is underway in Phases 1, 2 and 5, and may begin in all other completed phases in the coming weeks.
- Phase 7 is expected to begin next week.
Commuter Route Information:
- Cherokee Street is closed between E Ave and D Ave for Phase 3 and 4 work.
- E Avenue is closed between Blackhawk and Cherokee Street for Phase 3 and 4 work.
- F Avenue is closed between Cherokee Street and Russell for Phase 6 work
- North Russell Street frontage road is closed between F Ave and C Ave for Phase 6 work.
- S. Russell Street frontage road is closed between Bailey and the Ramada Inn for Phase 8 work.
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
- Phase 4
- Phase 5
- Phase 6
- Phase 7
- Phase 8
- Phase 9
September 30, 2022
This project consists of various water, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer improvements throughout the airport industrial park. Work will include replacement and abandonment of water main, upgrading of sanitary and storm sewer, pavement patching and restoration of disturbed areas.
City of Sioux Falls
Stockwell Engineers, Inc.
Winter Contracting, LLC