Art Contest for Sioux Falls Youth in Grades 6 to 12
The City of Sioux Falls is asking youth in grades 6–12 to show their creativity by designing their sustainable Sioux Falls. We are looking for original and innovative drawings to gain ideas for the City’s future sustainability goals and actions. Designs can be of the entire city, a residence, or more. Inventive, plausible solutions are highly encouraged. A written explanation or narrative must be included with the drawing.
What does sustainability mean?
Simply put, it means acting in ways that allow us to thrive now and future generations to thrive too. Go to siouxfalls.org/sustainability to ﬁnd out more about sustainability and what the City is doing to update its Sustainability Master Plan. You can also read about the six focus areas of the plan: 1) Transportation and Land Use, 2) Energy and Buildings, 3) Natural Systems, 4) Materials Management and Waste, 5) Sustainable Economy, and 6) Community Vitality and Sustainable Living.
- Done on an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper
- Create with pen, pencil, marker, etc., and be either colored or black and white
- Clean, clear, and ﬁll the page
- Include a minimum of 3 sustainable practices
- On an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper (May be typed or handwritten, so long as it is clearly understood and grammatically correct)
- A minimum of one paragraph, but not to exceed two
- Clearly describe ideas and how they could be done in the City of Sioux Falls
One winner will be selected from each grade to receive a Sustainability Prize Pack.
Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021
(must be to your teacher or postmarked by April 30)
- Put your name, grade, school, and contact information (phone and/or email) on the back of your artwork and narrative.
- Check with your school or teacher. Some schools may be collecting the drawings and sending them in.
- Drop off or mail your submission directly to: City of Sioux Falls Sustainability Program 1017 East Chambers Street Sioux Falls, SD 57104
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-367-8280.
Download Sustainability Art Contest