Material Should be Placed in your
Home Recycling Bin
The City’s recycling guidelines include:
- Recycle tin and aluminum cans; plastic containers such as bottles, tubs, and jugs; cardboard and cartons; and paper such as newspaper, magazines, and office paper.
- Bag shredded paper in a clear plastic bag before putting it in your recycling bin.
- All other recyclables should be placed loose (unbagged) in your recycling bin.
- Never put medical, food, pet, or human waste in the recycling bin.
- Electronics, hazardous waste, Styrofoam, ceramics, porcelain, toys, clothing, and garden hoses do not belong in the recycling bin.