The 2018 International Mechanical Code (IMC) and the 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC) which is promulgated and published by the International Code Council (ICC). The IMC and IFGC is revised and published in a three year code cycle.
|The IMC regulates the design, installation, maintenance, alteration, and inspection of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning and refrigeration systems that are used to provide control of environmental conditions and related processes within buildings. The IFGC regulates the installation of fuel gas distribution piping and equipment, fuel gas fired appliances, and fuel gas fired appliance venting systems.|
Ordinance Changes, Synopsis, and Notes
When requesting inspections, please have the following information:
- Building permit number. (Permit number displays all information.)
- Mechanical contractor name and phone number (if applicable).
- Your name and phone number.
- Owner or builder name.
- Time and date when job will be ready.
- Type of inspection and location on job site if needed.
- Any instructions for entry or access.
The inspector will not enter an occupied dwelling unless an adult or contractor is present and gives permission. *When requesting an inspection for a furnace, air conditioner, or rooftop replacement, the electrical contractor must be included as part of the inspection request.