Wedding Reservations in Parks
Parks and Recreation will help with your outdoor wedding arrangements by scheduling one of the following four park locations for your wedding/wedding rehearsal.
- McKennan Park Sunken Garden—$75 reservation fee.
- Sherman Park Garden—$75 reservation fee.
- Terrace Park Japanese Garden—$75 reservation fee.
- Tuthill Garden—$75 reservation fee plus
Wedding reservations are scheduled into two four-hour time blocks.
- 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Area maintenance will take place before 12 p.m. and from 4 to 6 p.m.
- A wedding/wedding rehearsal cannot reserve both time blocks during any one day at any of the four wedding locations.
Wedding reservations must be made at least five business days in advance of the reservation date.
Wedding reservations can be made no more than 120 days in advance of event unless the reservation is for a Parks and Recreation event or a special event.
- No reservations will be scheduled on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, or Christmas.
Reservations are accepted only through the reservation system utilized by Parks and Recreation.
All reservations fees are nonrefundable. All fees are due at the time your reservation is made.
All activities associated with a wedding/wedding rehearsal MUST take place within the time block reserved. This includes any pre-wedding activities such as chair delivery, setup, decorating, photographs, etc., and any teardown/cleanup.
If you would like to add on an adjacent park shelter to host a reception or dinner, we would be happy to assist.
- SFPR staff will schedule reservations on a first-come, first-served basis unless the reservation is for a Parks and Recreation event or a special event.
- A $25 nonrefundable reservation fee is charged at the time the reservation is made.
Reservations may be made by calling the Park Office at 367-8222 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, or by reserving in person at the Park Office, 231 North Dakota Avenue. Please have your credit card ready if reserving by phone or online. You may pay by check or cash if you reserve in person at the Park Office.
Any changes to your reservation must be made by calling the Park Office at 605-367-8222. An additional non-refundable fee of $5 will be charged each time changes are made to the original reservation.
You may also check on canopy permits, noise control relief permits for amplified sound, vehicle permits or inflatable play device permits that your event may require by calling the Park Office at 605-367-8222.
Other Wedding Locations
Information on wedding reservations offered by four partner organizations is provided in the column to the right.