The City of Sioux Falls is committed to offering family friendly opportunities while reducing the spread of COVID-19. Due to the public health risks of COVID-19, a number of precautions are being taken in the management of City owned facilities, park system amenities, and recreation programs.
Fall programming at all community centers begins on September 21, 2020.
Indoor Pool: OPEN
The Midco® Aquatic Center is open. For more information, visit midcoaquaticcenter.org.
Picnic shelters, public restrooms and outdoor wedding venues are open. Drinking fountains will remain closed. Park users are encouraged to bring reusable water bottles with them.
While public parks and trails remain open, to help protect the health of the Sioux Falls community and in support of efforts to decrease the spread of illness, it remains imperative that park users:
- Practice physical distancing
- Maintain space of six feet or more between individuals
Limit exposure to “high-touch” surfaces such as:
- Picnic tables
- Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene:
- Wash hands often with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth
- Stay home if feeling ill
On the trails:
- Avoid crowds
- Maintain space of six feet or more between you and others
- Keep to the right
- When passing, call out “on your left”
- Clean up your pet’s waste
For questions, please contact Sioux Falls Parks & Recreation by phone at 605-367-8222 during regular business hours.
COVID-19 related updates and other information about our programming is also posted to our social media pages: