Professional Design Teams Selected for the Falls Park Design Competition
The City of Sioux Falls has selected five professional design teams to participate in the first ever Falls Park Design Competition. The design teams were selected based on their professional qualifications, project approach, and past experience.
The design teams chosen to participate in the competition include
- Asakura Robinson, Minneapolis, MN
- 106 Group
- Confluence, Sioux Falls, SD
- Wigen Consulting, Pros Consulting, and Resource Environmental Solutions
- ISG Inc., Sioux Falls, SD
- Norman Engineering
- RDG Planning and Design, Des Moines, IA
- HDR Inc.
- Stockwell Engineers, Sioux Falls, SD
- JLG Architects and OBJ Landscape Architecture
“All the firms selected for the design competition are highly qualified and well experienced in fields of park planning and public space design” says Don Kearney, Director of Parks and Recreation. “We are very excited about this project and the ideas that will be generated from this collection of experts.”
The Falls Park Design Competition is a comprehensive evaluation of the entirety of Falls Park, with the goals to:
- Generate big ideas to meet the growing needs of the community.
- Investigate new Opportunities.
- Build upon the existing features and spaces of the park.
- Examine all types of movement and Connect the diverse opportunities located within the park and surrounding neighborhoods.
The next step in the process includes a kickoff meeting in June, with design work taking place over the summer months. Final design submittals are due later this fall, with scoring planned to take place in September.
For more information about the design competition, the Request for Proposal can be viewed at siouxfalls.org/business/rfq/2021/02/21-0006.