Major Street Construction Projects Planned for 2021
A multitude of major street construction projects will soon be underway all across Sioux Falls.
Sioux Falls drivers can expect to see numerous street construction projects that will improve driving conditions and traffic capacity all across the City.
- Minnesota Avenue Corridor improvements including concrete joint repairs at Russell Street, intersection reconstruction at 33rd street, and reconstruction and widening from 57th Street to St. Andrews Drive.
- 49th Street, Louise Avenue to Carnegie Circle improvements include watermain, sanitary sewer, storm drainage, and lighting improvements, as well as new concrete surfacing and traffic signals.
- Marion Road, 41st Street to 57th Street improvements include an asphalt mill and overlay with spot curb and gutter repairs and accessible curb ramp upgrades, as well as watermain replacement between 53rd Street and 57th Street.
- 69th Street and Sycamore Avenue Intersection improvements include watermain, sanitary sewer, storm drainage, and lighting improvements. 69th Street will be widened to 4 lanes with a median through Graystone Avenue, then transition to a 2 lane rural section through Sycamore Avenue, and to the north, where it will connect to the existing pavement.
- Street Maintenance Program includes maintenance to Kiwanis Avenue from 12th Street to 41st Street, as well as concrete repairs along the I-29 Corridor from 60th Street North to 26th Street in conjunction with the DOT. The entire street maintenance program will perform approximately 200 blocks of asphalt mill and overlay, approximately 500 blocks of slurry seal, and approximately 71 blocks of concrete reseal and repair.
To stay up to date about street construction in Sioux Falls, go to www.siouxfalls.org/street-construction. A great interactive map provides all the information you need. To report a pothole, please call the Pothole Hotline at 605-367-8002 or go to www.siouxfalls.org/pothole.