Sustainability Community Partner Grant Program Accepting Applications for 2020
The Sustainability Community Partner Grant is a Public Works initiative designed to encourage nonprofit organizations to apply for up to $10,000 in funding for projects that help meet the goals of the City’s Sustainability Master Plan. Total funding is limited to $10,000. The application deadline is Monday, March 2, 2020, and the award recipient(s) will be notified in April.
Projects must work toward advancing at least one of the following goals within the Sustainability Master Plan:
- Waste Minimization: Improve community health and safety by providing programs, education, and leadership to reduce waste generation, increase innovative waste diversion programs, and appropriately manage toxic and hazardous materials.
- Water Resources: Wisely manage local and regional water, wastewater, and storm water to create a high-quality sustainable system.
- Energy: Utilize clean, efficient, and reliable energy for the city and community as a whole.
- Transportation: Provide an efficient, multimodal, and cost-effective transportation system that offers increasingly clean measures for all users.
- Built and Natural Environment: Promote sustainable land use and development to manage growth while conserving the environment and natural resources.
- Community Vitality: Promote health and wellness by encouraging businesses, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to improve the community’s triple bottom line.
“Sioux Falls is home to forward-thinking nonprofit organizations that are working hard to help enhance our community’s sustainability. We want to partner with these organizations on common goals in order to continue making Sioux Falls a sustainable place to live, work, and play,” says Environmental Analyst Holly Meier.