Celebrate Children’s Book Week!
Siouxland Libraries has scheduled a week of special activities from Monday, April 30, to Sunday, May 6, 2018, in observance of Children’s Book Week. All events will be held at the Caille Branch, 4100 South Carnegie Circle, as follows:
- Monday, April 30, 3:45–4:30 p.m., Grades K–3
- Tuesday, May 1, 10:05–10:35 a.m. and 10:45–11:15 a.m., ages 3–5
- Wednesday, May 2, 4–5 p.m., Grades 4–6
- Thursday, May 3, 4:30–5:30 p.m., Grades 7–12
- Sunday, May 6, 2–3:30 p.m., families. The final program begins with a 2 p.m. storytime, followed by crafts, activities, and a big surprise!
As part of Children’s Book Week, young readers are invited to help select winners of this year’s Children’s and Teen Choice Book Awards. It is the only national book awards program where the winning titles are selected by children and teens.
Ballots will be available at every Siouxland Libraries branch and online (www.siouxlandlib.org) for readers to vote for one of the five finalists in their age category.
If an ADA accommodation is needed, please contact the Human Relations Office at 605‑367‑8745 (voice), 605-367-7039 (TTY), or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the event.
For more information, please call Siouxland Libraries’ Caille Branch at 367-8144 or visit www.siouxlandlib.org/.