Public Transit Advisory Board
The City of Sioux Falls has a strong interest in the development of a balanced and multimodal transportation system. A healthy public transportation system plays an important role in preserving and improving the mobility of persons participating in the social and economic life of this community.
The Public Transit Advisory Board (PTAB) was created to assist the Council in matters concerning transit and paratransit so it can more effectively address issues in this area.
The City Council acts as the project sponsor for federally assisted transit improvements.
Number of Members
Members must represent private transportation, public transportation riders, advocates of the elderly and disabled, and representatives of the safety industry, school industry, and the general public.
Residency/Registered Voter Requirement
Must be a resident and registered voter of Sioux Falls.
Summary of Duties
Review and comment on charter bus procedures, operating and capital budgets, major service changes, monthly reports, service procedures, and fare changes.
Planning Projects Coordinator
231 N Dakota Ave
Sioux Falls SD 57104
- Public Transit Advisory Board Agendas and Minutes
- Annual Reports
- Resolution No. 101-76
- Online Application for Appointment
- Application for Appointment
- Transit Development Plan
- City Council Informational Dec. 2019: Mass Transit On-Demand Pilot
- Executive Order 163: Process for Public Comment Prior to Fare Changes or Major Reductions in Service
- 2018 On Board Survey
- Innovation Team Outcomes - Aug 2020