Duties of the Mechanical Board of Appeals and Examiners:
- Hear and decide appeals of orders, decisions, or determinations made by the building official relative to the application and interpretation of the International Mechanical Code, the International Fuel Gas Code and Part V-Mechanical of the International Residential Code.
- Determine that the provisions of these codes do not fully apply.
- Determine if an equal or better construction is proposed as an alternative.
- Review all prospective changes to the mechanical and fuel gas codes.
- Submit recommendations to the responsible official and the City Council.
- Review licensing and test application determinations.
- Examine applicants for licensing and to investigate matters brought to the board.