Lake Ave 5th Street to 6th Street
Project Update 9/11/2020
- All utility and surfacing work has been completed throughout the project.
- Seeding/landscaping work and final project cleanup will be complete as weather permits in the next week
- This will be the last update for the project
- Remove existing areas of asphalt and curb/gutter as necessary
- Install new underground utilities.
- Replace removed curb/gutter.
- Replace asphalt surfacing in disturbed roadway areas.
- Topsoil and seed
Commuter Route Information
Lake Ave is open to all traffic, no further closures anticipated.
Contract Amount: $297,625.75
Completion Date: September 30, 2020
This project is for the rehabilitation of the sanitary sewer, water main, and storm sewer in Lake Ave from 5th Street to 6th Street. Due to the existing deteriorated condition of the utilities it is important to replace this line before any further maintenance issues arise. Improvements include new sanitary sewer, water main, storm sewer, curb and gutter, and asphalt surfacing.
City of Sioux Falls