Job Opportunity: Seasonal
Street Maintenance Laborers Job Opportunities
Rate: $14.42 - $16.42 per hour
The City of Sioux Falls Street Maintenance division is accepting applications for seasonal laborers for the spring/summer season.
Summary: Perform semiskilled and skilled, including a variety of City maintenance, construction, and repairs involving the operation of light construction sand automotive equipment.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate light equipment, including front-end loaders, sanders, dump trucks, tractors, trailers, and forklifts.
- Perform various duties involving asphalt and concrete.
- Perform grounds, landscape, and maintenance activities.
- Perform various miscellaneous duties, including building barricades, hauling materials, building maintenance and repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on equipment and machinery as required.
- Perform other such duties and function as are necessary or incidental to the proper performance of this position.
This is a seasonal, non-benefitted position. No previous experience is required. Qualified candidates who possess a minimum of a Class B CDL with Air Brakes Endorsement will start at $16.42 per hour. Qualified candidates who do not currently have a Class B CDL will start at $14.42 per hour. Once candidates have obtained a Class B CDL, hourly wage will increase to $16.42 per hour.
The Street Division will train employees in acquiring a Class B CDL. Pre-employment drug screen and background check is required for this position.
Please contact the Street department for details. Approximately 40 hours per week. Summer work week is 4 10-hour days, either Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday. EOE.
To be considered for the position, complete the application for Part-time or Seasonal Positions.
This position open until filled.
If an ADA accommodation is needed, please contact Human Resources at 605-367-8740 or email@example.com.