Highland Street and Utility Improvements – Phase 2
Project Update 11/26/2021
- Grading and Cement Stabilization on Phases 1 & 2 is complete.
- Paving is scheduled on 11/23/21.
- 6th Street and Lowell Avenue intersection work is complete (Phase 4).
Commuter Route Information:
- Pearl Avenue from Sherman Avenue to Wayland Avenue, and Wayland Avenue from 4th Street to 5th Street is closed to traffic.
- 6th Street & Lowell Avenue intersection is now open.
- Phase 1: Sherman Avenue from 4th Street to 5th Street
- Phase 2: Pearl Street from Sherman Avenue to Wayland Avenue & Wayland Avenue from 4th Street to Pearl Street.
- Phase 3: Wayland Avenue from Pearl Street to 5th Street.
- Phase 4: 6th & Lowell Intersection
The project includes a variety of improvements including the removal and replacement of the curb & gutter, pavement, sanitary sewer, watermain, and storm sewer. The accessible curb ramps will also be replaced. The project will be constructed in three phases in order to maintain access to residents as much as possible.
City of Sioux Falls
H&W Contracting, LLC