Central Sioux Falls Green Infrastructure Improvements
Project Update 5/17/2021
- A public meeting has been scheduled on May 25, 2001 from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Covell Green Infrastructure Site at 28th Street and Covell Avenue.
- In case of inclement weather, the meeting will be held at the City of Sioux Falls Environmental Center at 1017 E Chambers Street.
- The City of Sioux Falls and ISG are in the process of completing the final designs for the Green Infrastructure projects at Covell Avenue between 28th and 29th Street, and 35th and Duluth Avenue.
- These projects are designed to improve drainage and stormwater management, stormwater water quality, site aesthetics, and educate the public on green infrastructure benefits and opportunities.
Commuter Route Information:
- No anticipated closures at this time.
- Possible impacts to travel on Covell from 28th to 29th Street and at the intersection of 35th and Duluth.
- Rough grading of properties to shape drainage and retention areas.
- Installation of inlets into properties to allow stormwater flows to enter.
- Installation of underground utilities to promote downward drainage of water on sites.
- Landscaping installation – planting native grass and forb species along with tree groves.
- Installation of viewing areas and educational signage.
This project will implement green infrastructure practices at properties along Covell Avenue from 28th to 29th Street and at 35th and Duluth Avenue. Improvements include incorporation of stormwater conveyance and retention facilities, infiltration basins, and/or rain gardens. ADA accessibility areas along with educational signage will be included.
City of Sioux Falls