Central Sioux Falls Green Infrastructure Improvements
Project Update 5/12/2022
- Construction at Covell Avenue is close to completion.
- The contractor has grass seeded and blanketed the site.
- The contractor anticipates planting final trees and shrubs around May 23rd (weather permitting).
- Duluth Avenue construction has begun as of Tuesday, May 10th.
- There were project delays, but the contractor anticipates that the final completion date will still be met on time (weather permitting).
Commuter Route Information:
- Duluth Site: 35th Street and Duluth Avenue will be open during the construction phase but residents and drivers are urged to use caution in and around the construction zone.
- Sidewalks will be closed along Duluth Avenue and 35th street for necessary repairs when construction begins.
- Pedestrian detour routes will be provided.
- Rough grading of properties to shape drainage and retention areas.
- Installation of inlets into properties to allow stormwater flows to enter.
- Installation of underground utilities to promote downward drainage of water on sites.
- Landscaping installation – planting native grass and forb species along with tree groves.
- Installation of viewing areas and educational signage.
Completion Date:November 30 (Substantial); June1 (Final)
This project will implement green infrastructure practices at properties along Covell Avenue from 28th to 29th Street and at 35th and Duluth Avenue. Improvements include incorporation of stormwater conveyance and retention facilities, infiltration basins, and/or rain gardens. ADA accessibility areas along with educational signage will be included.
City of Sioux Falls