Central Sioux Falls Green Infrastructure Improvements
Project Update 3/12/2021
Commuter Route Information:
- No anticipated closures at this time.
- Possible impacts to travel on Covell from 28th to 29th Street and at the intersection of 35th and Duluth.
- Rough grading of properties to shape drainage and retention areas.
- Installation of inlets into properties to allow strowmater flows to enter.
- Installation of underground utilities to promote downward drainage of water on sites.
- Landscaping installation – planting native grass and forb species along with tree groves.
- Installation of viewing areas and educational signage.
This project will implement green infrastructure practices at properties along Covell Avenue from 28th to 29th Street and at 35th and Duluth Avenue. Improvements include incorporation of stormwater conveyance and retention facilities, infiltration basins, and/or rain gardens. ADA accessibility areas along with educational signage will be included.
City of Sioux Falls