Information and Guidance for Individuals and Families
Information About COVID-19
The Health Department has partnered with local, state and federal response agencies to ensure a level of preparedness for the community. The virus that causes COVID-19 is transmitted similar to the virus that causes influenza. We encourage everyone to practice good respiratory hygiene, which includes: proper handwashing, covering your cough, and staying home if you are ill.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers guidance on a number of COVID-19 related topics:
- COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Destination
- Coronavirus Testing Basics
- When and How to Wash Your Hands
- Considerations for Travelers—Coronavirus in the US
- Pet Guidance
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Home
- Protect Yourself and Others
- People Who Need to Take Extra Precaution
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offers tips for taking care of your behavioral health during quarantine.
Tips For Social Distancing, Quarantine, And Isolation During An Infectious Disease Outbreak.
The Multi-Cultural Center of Sioux Falls has translated information about COVID-19 into 11 different language. Translations are on the Multi-Cultural Center website MCC website.