Industry-Specific Business Resources
Back To Work Safely features expert, industry-specific guidance for both businesses and consumers to safely re-open and re-engage as they emerge from the COVID-19 quarantines.
Back to Work Safely
SD Dept. of Health Manufacturing Business Checklist
Manufacturing Business Checklist
- South Dakota Manufacturing & Technology Services works with manufacturers across the state. They have been holding weekly Peer to Peer collaboration calls to allow manufacturers to learn from and support each other. Notes from those calls as well as useful information specific to manufacturers is provided.
COVID-19 Manufacturing Best Practices
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Guidance for manufacturers.
OSHA Guidance for Manufacturers
- The National Association of Manufacturers site provides links to webinars, resources, and best practices.
- CDC Guidance for Grocery and Food Retail Workers.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration resources for food safety. It provides best practices for Social Distancing, Disinfecting & Other Precautions and offers information on supply chain and handling of certain products.
Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019
- National Grocers Association offers best practices and precautionary actions for operating under the Coronavirus.
- Independent Grocers Association provides information on minimum safety standards, and eCommerce solutions for independent stores.
Independent Grocers Association
- The National Disaster Resiliency Center has created a “best practices” for stores to minimize COVID-19 threats in order to maintain the safety of stores and store workers, trucks and truckers, and customers from Covid-19.
COVID-19 Best Practices for Food Stores
- SD Department of Health has provided a checklist for Retail Businesses that covers employees, cleaning, and social distancing.
COVID-19: Retail Business Checklist
- The South Dakota Retailers Association’s information on programs available to businesses and resources as they make plans to reopen.
CDC guidance for businesses and workplaces on mitigation and prevention.
Businesses and Workplaces: Plan, Prepare, and Respond
- The National Retail Federation provides resources, updates and information for retailers on the COVID-19 response for their industry.
Hotel & Lodging
- SD Department of Health has provided a checklist for Hotel & Lodging Back to Businesses that covers employees, cleaning, and social distancing.
COVID-19: Hotel & Lodging Business Checklist
- COVID-19 - Survival Guide for the Hospitality Industry
- SD Department of Health has provided a checklist for Restaurants that covers employees, cleaning, food safety, and social distancing.
COVID-19: Restaurant Business Checklist
- FDA Best Practices for Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services provides concise information with one click translations in five other languages.
Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The National Restaurant Association’s resource page for questions and information on COVID-19
National Restaurant Association COVID-19 Resources