15th Street Bicycle Boulevard
Project Update 9/30/2021
- The contractor has completed most of the signal work on Kiwanis Avenue and the signal will be functional once it is programmed.
- Temporary pedestrian push buttons have been installed. The accessible pedestrian signal buttons will be installed once they are delivered later in the year.
- Crosswalk markings will be installed in the coming weeks.
- This will be the last project update.
Commuter Route Information:
- All traffic closures have been completed.
- Construct bump outs on 15th Street at Lincoln Avenue
- Construct bump outs on 15th Street at Elmwood Avenue
- Construct a chicane on 15th Street between Hawthorne Avenue & Glendale Avenue
- Install a pedestrian crossing signal on Kiwanis Avenue between 13th Street & 15th Street
Completion Date:November 1, 2021
This project consists of constructing bump-outs and chicanes to improve the on street bicycle route along 15th Street from Kiwanis Avenue to Grange Avenue. Work will include curb and gutter, sidewalk, and pavement markings. The project will also include a pedestrian traffic signal on Kiwanis Avenue between 13th Street & 15th Street.
City of Sioux Falls
Big Al's Contracting