15th Street Bicycle Boulevard
Project Update 3/23/2021
Commuter Route Information:
- 15th Street between Lincoln Avenue and Elmwood Avenue will be closed during the construction of the bump-outs.
- 15th Street between Hawthorne Avenue and Glendale Avenue will be closed during the construction of the chicanes.
- There will be intermittent lane closures on Kiwanis Avenue during the construction of the pedestrian signal.
- Construct bump outs on 15th Street at Lincoln Avenue
- Construct bump outs on 15th Street at Elmwood Avenue
- Construct a chicane on 15th Street between Hawthorne Avenue & Glendale Avenue
- Install a pedestrian crossing signal on Kiwanis Avenue between 13th Street & 15th Street
Completion Date:November 1, 2021
This project consists of constructing bump-outs and chicanes to improve the on street bicycle route along 15th Street from Kiwanis Avenue to Grange Avenue. Work will include curb and gutter, sidewalk, and pavement markings. The project will also include a pedestrian traffic signal on Kiwanis Avenue between 13th Street & 15th Street.
City of Sioux Falls