Basin 371 Drainage Improvements Project
**If you have any questions about the work being done in the green shaded region, please call John Osman at 605-367-8640.
Project Update 10/22/2021
- The contractor plans to pave the Snapdragon Street crossing (see ‘C’ above) early next week.
- It will reopen to traffic after it is paved.
- Work at the Eisenhower Avenue crossing (see ‘D’ above) continues.
- Work is expected to be complete within the next few weeks.
- Work on the Theodore Avenue crossing (see ‘E’ above) will be delayed until next year.
- Sertoma Avenue can be accessed off of 32nd Street or Panama Street.
- 41st Street can be accessed off of Grinnell Ave or Theodore Ave.
The below video goes into the details of the Basin 371 Drainage Improvements project. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact TJ or Raed using the contact info in the column to the right.
Commuter Route Information:
- Snapdragon Street is closed (see ‘C’ above)
- Eisenhower Avenue is closed (see ‘D’ above)
- All other locations are open.
- Culvert work at Grinnell Avenue (See ‘A’ in the above image)
- Culvert work at Harvard Drive (See ‘B’ in the above image)
- Culvert work at Snapdragon Street (See ‘C’ in the above image)
- Culvert work at Eisenhower Avenue (See ‘D’ in the above image)
- Culvert work at Theodore Avenue (See ‘E’ in the above image)
- Grading and pipe work in the drainage channels
Street crossing work to be completed by the fall of 2021, and drainageway work to be completed by early summer of 2022.
This project will improve the drainage channels in the area west of Sertoma Avenue and north of 41st Street. Improvements include reshaping of the drainage channel, installation of underdrain pipe in the drainage channel, culvert and utility work at multiple street crossings, curb and gutter, and asphalt surfacing at the street crossings.
City of Sioux Falls
Winter Contracting, LLC