Basin 371 Drainage Improvements Project
**If you have any questions about the work being done in the green shaded region, please call John Osman at 605-367-8640.
Project Update 6/17/2022
- Work continues at the Theodore Avenue crossing (See ‘E’ above).
- Due to rain, preparation of the subgrade is taking longer than usual.
- Expect to have the street open by the end of next week, weather permitting.
- The contractor has finished the remaining seeding and erosion blanket placement.
- Grass growth will be periodically monitored and reseeded as necessary to achieve sufficient growth.
- Sertoma Avenue can be accessed off of 32nd Street or Panama Street.
- 41st Street can be accessed off of Grinnell Ave or Theodore Ave.
The below video goes into the details of the Basin 371 Drainage Improvements project. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact TJ or Raed using the contact info in the column to the right.
Commuter Route Information:
- The Theodore Avenue crossing is currently closed.
- All other roadway crossings are open.
- Culvert work at Grinnell Avenue (See ‘A’ in the above image)
- Culvert work at Harvard Drive (See ‘B’ in the above image)
- Culvert work at Snapdragon Street (See ‘C’ in the above image)
- Culvert work at Eisenhower Avenue (See ‘D’ in the above image)
- Culvert work at Theodore Avenue (See ‘E’ in the above image)
- Grading and pipe work in the drainage channels
Street crossing work to be completed by the fall of 2021, and drainageway work to be completed by early summer of 2022.
This project will improve the drainage channels in the area west of Sertoma Avenue and north of 41st Street. Improvements include reshaping of the drainage channel, installation of underdrain pipe in the drainage channel, culvert and utility work at multiple street crossings, curb and gutter, and asphalt surfacing at the street crossings.
City of Sioux Falls
Winter Contracting, LLC