Basin 104 – 49th Street From Arway Drive to Carnegie Circle
Project Update 4/2/2021
- Construction is starting on Monday, April 5th.
- Work will begin with closing the center lanes between Arway Drive and Carnegie Circle to allow installation of new watermain valves.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Phase 1A the middle three lanes of traffic will be closed at the end of the project limits.
- Phase 1B & 1C the south three lanes of 49th Street will be closed. The 49th Street and Oxbow Avenue intersection will remain closed for no more than 10 days for utility construction and 6 days for surfacing. Access and detour routes necessary for local businesses will be provided. One lane of traffic will remain open for both east and west bound traffic.
- Phase 2 the north three lanes of 49th Street will be closed. Access and detour routes necessary for local businesses will be provided from Westport Avenue and temporary access through construction. One lane of traffic will remain open for both east and west bound traffic.
Commuter Route Information:
- The center 3 lanes will be closed starting April 5th.
- Traffic will be reduced to 1 lane in each direction.
August 15, 2021
This project consists of complete reconstruction of 49th Street from Arway Drive to Carnegie Circle. Work will include replacement of water main, upgrading of sanitary and storm sewer, 9” PCC pavement, sidewalk, lighting, traffic cameras, and pavement markings.
City of Sioux Falls