Basin 104 – 49th Street From Arway Drive to Carnegie Circle
Project Update 10/15/2021
- The Contractor has graveled the north half of 49th Street and installed topsoil on the south side of 49th Street.
- The Contractor has also poured the outlet structure that encompasses the 12’x5’ box culvert and the 84” arch pipe.
- The contractor is performing final grading and prep work ahead of the concrete paving operation.
- Concrete paving will begin next week on the north half of 49th Street.
- Phase 1A the middle three lanes of traffic will be closed at the end of the project limits.
- Phase 1B & 1C the south three lanes of 49th Street will be closed. The 49th Street and Oxbow Avenue intersection will remain closed for no more than 10 days for utility construction and 6 days for surfacing. Access and detour routes necessary for local businesses will be provided. One lane of traffic will remain open for both east and west bound traffic.
- Phase 2 the north three lanes of 49th Street will be closed. Access and detour routes necessary for local businesses will be provided from Westport Avenue and temporary access through construction. One lane of traffic will remain open for both east and west bound traffic.
Commuter Route Information:
- 49th Street is reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction through the project.
- Westport Avenue is closed to traffic.
August 15, 2021
This project consists of complete reconstruction of 49th Street from Arway Drive to Carnegie Circle. Work will include replacement of water main, upgrading of sanitary and storm sewer, 9” PCC pavement, sidewalk, lighting, traffic cameras, and pavement markings.
City of Sioux Falls