8th Street Bridge Rehabilitation and Greenway Improvements
Project Update 10/22/2021
- The contractor is working on the final punch list items for the river greenway and street lighting.
- Road and bike trail closures and detours begin
- Removals of the surfacing work
- Private utility relocation
- Construction of bridge access roads and cofferdams
- Bridge fill removal
- Bridge rehabilitation improvements
- Concrete repairs along 8th Street
- Private utility placement
- Bridge fill placement
- Open roadway
- Greenway and bike trail improvements
- Final project completion
Commuter Route Information:
- The 8th Street Bridge is fully open to traffic.
- The bike paths under the bridge on the east side and west side of the river is open.
- The river is open to canoe/kayaking.
Meeting Date: 11/11/2019
Final completion of work is August 28, 2021
This project includes rehabilitation of the 8th Street bridge, watermain replacement, alley and Greenway improvements, sidewalk improvements, bridge lighting and construction of concrete street surfacing and concrete patching.
City of Sioux Falls
Infrastructure Design Group
SFC Civil Constructors
A Journey Group Company