85th Street from Tallgrass Avenue to Hughes Avenue
Project Update 10/16/2020
Due to COVID-19, weekly meetings will not be open to the public. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the project team.
- Concrete paving is nearly complete.
- On days concrete paving is completed, the Contractor will have saws running late into the evening cutting joints in the new pavement.
- Contractor will be saw cutting all joints to widen and seal the joints next week.
- The Contractor has completed the installation of the water main, sanitary sewer main, and storm sewer.
- As concrete paving occurs, the Contractor will place the frame and grates for the structures.
- The Contractor is installing luminaire bases and poles in the median.
- After concrete joints are sealed, the Contractor will start placing the permanent pavement markings.
- After work within the road limits is completed the Contractor will start working on sidewalks and driveways.
- Residents within the project limits will be able to utilize the gravel surfacing and in limited cases the concrete surface as delineated.
2020 Project Milestones
- Removals and Clearing – Minor removals left for tie-in locations and driveways.
- Rough Grading
- Sanitary Sewer Installation
- Water Main Installation
- Storm Sewer Installation
- Aggregate Base Placement
- Concrete Paving
- Pavement Markings and Permanent Signing
- Open Road to Traffic – Scheduled open date is November 14th, 2020
Commuter Route Information
- 85th Street will be closed to through traffic.
- Detour route will include Townsley Ave, 90th Street and Hughes Avenue.
- Access to local residents only.
The project consists of the construction of 85th Street from Tallgrass Ave to Hughes Ave. Work will include installation of water, sanitary and storm sewer mains, concrete surfacing, sidewalk, colored pavement, street and pedestrian lighting and landscaping.
City of Sioux Falls