85th Street from Tallgrass Avenue to Hughes Avenue
Project Update 5/15/2020
Due to COVID-19, weekly meetings will not be open to the public. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the project team.
Rough Grading has been completed from Tuscan Club Circle to the Brett/Beal Intersection.
- The Contractor started installing the Sanitary Sewer.
- They are working from the Brett/Beal and 85th Street Intersection towards the East.
- It is anticipated they will complete this segment of Sanitary Sewer by Monday the 18th.
- The Contractor intends to begin installing Water Mina on Monday May 18.
- They will start work as the intersection of Tuscan Club and 85th Street.
- There will be a short water service outage. Residents impacted will be notified prior to work starting.
2020 Project Milestones
- Removals and Clearing – Minor removals left for tie-in locations and driveways.
- Rough Grading
- Sanitary Sewer Installation – Planned start on Wednesday May 6th
- Water Main Installation
- Storm Sewer Installation
- Aggregate Base Placement
- Concrete Paving
- Pavement Markings and Permanent Signing
- Open Road to Traffic – Scheduled open date is November 14th, 2020
Commuter Route Information
- 85th Street will be closed to through traffic. Access to local residents only.
- Detour route will include Townsley Ave, 90th Street and Hughes Avenue
The project consists of the construction of 85th Street from Tallgrass Ave to Hughes Ave. Work will include installation of water, sanitary and storm sewer mains, concrete surfacing, sidewalk, colored pavement, street and pedestrian lighting and landscaping.
City of Sioux Falls