85th Street from Tallgrass Avenue to Hughes Avenue
Project Update 7/24/2020
Due to COVID-19, weekly meetings will not be open to the public. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the project team.
The Contractor is working on relocating the existing stockpile that is currently on the South side of 85th Street.
The Contractor has started rough grading on the section of 85th Street between Townsley Ave. and Tallgrass Ave.
After rough grading is complete, the Contractor will resume installing water main and sanitary sewer in this section.
Xcel Energy is working on relocating power lines between the Brett/Beal Intersection and Tallgrass.
The Contractor is installing under drain along the edges of the road and the median between Tuscan Club and the Brett/Beal Intersection.
After underdrains are completed the Contractor will perform final roadway grading and start to place aggregate base course between Tuscan Club and the Brett Beal Intersection.
Residents will be able to continue utilizing the temporary gravel access roads.
2020 Project Milestones
- Removals and Clearing – Minor removals left for tie-in locations and driveways.
- Rough Grading
- Sanitary Sewer Installation
- Water Main Installation
- Storm Sewer Installation
- Aggregate Base Placement
- Concrete Paving
- Pavement Markings and Permanent Signing
- Open Road to Traffic – Scheduled open date is November 14th, 2020
Commuter Route Information
- 85th Street will be closed to through traffic. Access to local residents only.
- Detour route will include Townsley Ave, 90th Street and Hughes Avenue
- When installing utilities in the intersection of 85th street and Tallgrass, the intersection will be closed.
- Local residents will be provided access through the intersection.
The project consists of the construction of 85th Street from Tallgrass Ave to Hughes Ave. Work will include installation of water, sanitary and storm sewer mains, concrete surfacing, sidewalk, colored pavement, street and pedestrian lighting and landscaping.
City of Sioux Falls