4th Street from Minnesota Avenue to Main Avenue
Project Update: 5/15/2020
Due to COVID-19, weekly meetings will not be open to the public. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the project team.
- The Contractor has completed a portion of the mainline concrete paving and curb and gutter.
- The Contractor will continue to pave in the parking areas and driveway approaches with lighting and landscape to follow.
2020 Project Milestones
- Road closed
- Surface removals and grading
- Watermain, sanitary and storm sewer installation
- Curb and gutter and concrete surfacing
- Open to traffic
Commuter Route Information:
- Pedestrian detour route will be in place using the east side of Main Ave.
- Lane closure on Minnesota Ave is in place to allow the Contractors to hook up the new utilities.
- Traffic remains open on Minnesota Ave by using a lane shift.
The project consists of complete reconstruction of 4th St from Minnesota Avenue to Main Avenue. Work will include replacement of watermain, sanitary and storm sewer, concrete pavement, sidewalk, colored sidewalk, colored, pedestrian lighting and landscaping.
City of Sioux Falls