49th Street Overlay – Marion Road to Valhalla Boulevard
Project Update 8/21/2019
Milestone 4: July 16, 2019 – Begin Phase 3: concrete pavement joint repairs west of Marion Road and east of Solberg Avenue.
- July 15, 2019 – Begin construction.
- July 15, 2019 - Begin Phase 2: concrete pavement repairs, sanitary sewer repairs, and mill and overlay the asphalt surface between Cathy Avenue and I-29 Bridge.
- July 22, 2019 – Begin Phase 1: concrete sidewalk and curb and gutter repairs.
- July 16, 2019 – Begin Phase 3: concrete pavement joint repairs west of Marion Road and east of Solberg Avenue.
Commuter Route Information
- 49th Street is open to head to head traffic.
- Solberg Avenue has been re-opened to traffic.
Sign Up for Notifications
Contract Amount: $1,178,156 (Bid)
Completion Date: October 31, 2019
The project consists of concrete, utility, accessible curb ramp, and street surface improvements. The project will also improve pedestrian movements across 49th Street.
City of Sioux Falls
Mike Heiberger, Principal Engineer
(605) 367-8659 (office)
(605) 431-6850 (cell)
Big Al’s Contracting, Inc.