49th Street Overlay – Marion Road to Valhalla Boulevard
Project Update 7/18/2019
July 16, 2019 – Begin Phase 3: concrete pavement joint repairs west of Marion Road and east of Solberg Avenue.
- July 15, 2019 – Begin construction.
- July 15, 2019 - Begin Phase 2: concrete pavement repairs, sanitary sewer repairs, and mill and overlay the asphalt surface between Cathy Avenue and I-29 Bridge.
- July 22, 2019 – Begin Phase 1: concrete sidewalk and curb and gutter repairs.
- July 16, 2019 – Begin Phase 3: concrete pavement joint repairs west of Marion Road and east of Solberg Avenue.
Commuter Route Information
Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 (East of Solberg Avenue)
- 49th St will be closed.
- Traffic will be detoured on Marion Road, 41st Street, and Louise Avenue.
- Access to driveways will not be maintained during construction.
Phase 3 (West of Solberg Avenue)
- 49th Street will be open to traffic with one lane in each direction.
- Access to local streets will be periodically restricted during construction in the intersections.
- Solberg Ave will be closed for one week.
- Traffic will be detoured on 57th Street and Marion Road.
Sign Up for Notifications
Contract Amount: $1,178,156 (Bid)
Completion Date: October 31, 2019
The project consists of concrete, utility, accessible curb ramp, and street surface improvements. The project will also improve pedestrian movements across 49th Street.
City of Sioux Falls
Nagwan Al-Janabi, Project Manager
Big Al’s Contracting, Inc.