49th Street Overlay – Marion Road to Valhalla Boulevard
Project Update 8/9/2019
By the end of the day on Tuesday, August 13, 2019, traffic on 49th Street will be reopened from Marion Road to Solberg Avenue. From I-29 to the east of Solberg Avenue, traffic will be shifted to the north two lanes with one lane east bound and one lane west bound.
Also on Tuesday, August 13th, 2019, Solberg Avenue will be closed to traffic at the 49th Street intersection. Traffic is encouraged to utilize Marion Road to the west and Louise Avenue to the east as alternate routes around the closure.
- July 15, 2019 – Begin construction.
- July 15, 2019 - Begin Phase 2: concrete pavement repairs, sanitary sewer repairs, and mill and overlay the asphalt surface between Cathy Avenue and I-29 Bridge.
- July 22, 2019 – Begin Phase 1: concrete sidewalk and curb and gutter repairs.
- July 16, 2019 – Begin Phase 3: concrete pavement joint repairs west of Marion Road and east of Solberg Avenue.
Commuter Route Information
- 49th St will be opened to head to head traffic by the end of the day on Tuesday, August 13th.
- Solberg Avenue at 49th Street will be closed for one week starting on August 13th.
- Access to local streets will be periodically restricted during construction in the intersections.
Sign Up for Notifications
Contract Amount: $1,178,156 (Bid)
Completion Date: October 31, 2019
The project consists of concrete, utility, accessible curb ramp, and street surface improvements. The project will also improve pedestrian movements across 49th Street.
City of Sioux Falls
Nagwan Al-Janabi, Project Manager
Big Al’s Contracting, Inc.