South Ellis Road Expansion and Utility Improvements
Due to extreme wet weather this year, we expect that all of Ellis Road will not be completed this year and will carry over into next year. All intersections will be paved to provide access throughout the winter. The contractor will continue to work as long as weather allows to complete as much of the project as possible.
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from 41st Street to 26th Street
- Landscaping, median paving, and sidewalk installation from 41st Street to 26th Street
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from 26th Street to 22nd Street
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from 22nd Street to Stoney Creek Street
- Grading, Utilities, and Pavement from Stoney Creek Street to 12th Street
- Landscaping, median paving, and sidewalk installation from 26th Street to 12th Street
Tea/Ellis Road will be closed to traffic during construction. Use Sertoma Avenue. Alternating intersections will be closed as needed for construction.
Ellis Road Status
|41st Street to Lancaster Drive||Open|
|26th Street to 22nd Street||Closed|
|22nd Street to Stoney Creek Street||Closed|
|Stoney Creek Street to 12th Street||Open|
East/West Cross Streets--Currently all open
Estimated Completion Date
Contract Amount: $12.2M
Reconstruct Ellis Road to a 4-lane urban street with center median, street lights, traffic signals and concrete side paths. New sanitary sewer, storm sewer and water main will be installed. Dedicated right and left turn lanes will be constructed at multiple intersections along Ellis. The improvements to Ellis Road will increase traffic capacity and safety. The utility improvements will serve the west side as continued growth occurs.
City of Sioux Falls
John Osman, Project Manager
Jon Heck, Project Manager
KLJ is a private civil engineering firm hired by the City of Sioux Falls to provide construction updates and construction administration for the project. Please contact the following team members for questions or concerns.
T&R Contracting, Inc.