Sustainable Community Nonprofit Grant Program Accepting Applications for 2019
The Sustainable Community Nonprofit Grant Program is a Public Works initiative designed to encourage nonprofit organizations to apply for up to $10,000 in funding for projects that help to meet the goals within the City’s Sustainability Master Plan. Total funding is limited to $10,000. The application deadline is March 1, 2019, and the award recipient(s) will be notified on April 1.
Projects must work toward advancing at least one of the following goals within the Sustainability Master Plan:
• Waste Minimization: Improve community health and safety by providing programs, education, and leadership to reduce waste generation; increase innovative waste diversion programs; and appropriately manage toxic and hazardous materials.
• Water Resources: Wisely manage local and regional water, wastewater, and storm water to create a high-quality sustainable system.
• Energy: Utilize clean, efficient, and reliable energy for the city and community as a whole.
• Transportation: Provide an efficient, multimodal, and cost-effective transportation system that offers increasingly clean measures for all users.
• Built and Natural Environment: Promote sustainable land use and development to manage growth while conserving the environment and natural resources.
• Community Vitality: Promote health and wellness by encouraging businesses, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to improve the community’s triple bottom line.
“Sioux Falls is home to a wide variety of nonprofit organizations that are all working hard to help enhance our community. We want to partner with these organizations to identify common goals and continue to make Sioux Falls a sustainable place to live, work, and play,” says Sustainability Coordinator Jessica Sexe.
For more information on how nonprofit organizations can participate in this year’s Sustainability Community Nonprofit Grant Program, please contact Jessica Sexe at 605-367-8187 or email@example.com. Grant applications can be found at www.siouxfalls.org/green.