Siouxland Libraries’ Winter Reading Program Continues to “Rock”
Siouxland Libraries’ K to 12 and adult Winter Reading Program Libraries Rock! continues through February 28, 2018. Sign-up (and the opportunity to win prizes) continues through that date. For details, go to siouxlandlib.readsquared.com/ or any library branch. The music theme will carry over into February with appearances by well-known area musicians and other music-related programs.
February Adult Programs (all are at Downtown Library, 200 North Dakota Avenue):
• Rockin’ with the South Dakota Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Thursday, February 8, 2018, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. John Mogen, Rick Gourley, and Myron Lee of the group’s board of directors will discuss the history of South Dakota’s rock scene.
• Beginning Swing Dancing: Thursday, February 15, 2018, from 7 to 8 p.m. The first of a two-part series, this class covers the basics: the standard wing step and simple spins.
• Bluegrass Music―Defined, Discussed, Demonstrated: Tuesday, February 20, 2018, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Kelby Fode, Dan Kilbride, and Boyd Bristow demonstrate bluegrass music concepts using acoustic instruments.
• Intermediate Swing Dancing: Thursday, February 22, 2018, from 7 to 8 p.m. This presents more complicated spins and dips.
• Life is Better with Music!: Tuesday, February 27, 2018, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Music therapist Lora Barthelman will explain how music can address physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs of people of all abilities and ages to improve quality of life.
February Children’s Programs:
• Moving and Grooving Storytime: Monday, February 5, 2018, from 10:30 to 11 a.m., Oak View Branch, 3700 East Third Street. Features music, movement, and books for families. Encourage your child’s love of reading and early learning.
• Music and Movement: Friday, February 16, 2018, from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m., Downtown Library, 200 North Dakota Avenue. Boost your child’s language development and early learning.
If an ADA accommodation is needed, please contact the Human Relations Office at 605 367 8745 (voice), 605-367-7039 (TTY), or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the event.
For more information, please call Siouxland Libraries at 605-367-8700 or visit www.siouxlandlib.org.