Don’t Miss City Hall During Friday’s Downtown Art and Wine Walk
Join Mayor Mike Huether tomorrow for a new First Friday event at City Hall, which will include a ribbon cutting to celebrate $6.2 million in renovations to the 1936 building, grand reopening, open house, and City employee art exhibition! Mayor Mike will be in his office for anyone who wants to come see it and chat with him.
“City Hall has served our citizens in such a grand fashion since 1936, and after seven years of investments, it is time to show it off. Our refurbished City Hall will serve us proudly for generations to come. Please join us!” says Mayor Mike Huether.
The day’s events on Friday, October 6, will include:
• 4:30 p.m.—Official ribbon cutting and grand reopening for the renovations accomplished at City Hall since 2010. Renovations have included a new HVAC system, tuck-pointing, the substantial remodeling of second and ground floors, and more.
• 5 to 9 p.m.—City employee art exhibition and City Hall open house with refreshments and lots of fun!
The artwork of six City of Sioux Falls employees has been selected to be on exhibit as part of the evening’s events. The City employees are:
• Ryan Bechtold—Fleet
• Sergeant James Buteyn—Police
• Galynn Huber—Public Works Street Division
• Calla Jarvie—Siouxland Libraries
• Cody Papke—Finance
• Sergeant Adam Petersen—Police
This event is a partnership with the Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Sioux Falls.