Join Mayor Mike Huether for the 4th of July Family Parade and Picnic
Celebrate our nation’s Independence Day with Mayor Mike Huether on Tuesday, July 4, 2017, at the 4th of July Family Parade and Picnic at Falls Park. This event will feature a free lunch for the first 5,000 attendees, live music and entertainment, as well as a 5K run/walk and a parade down Phillips Avenue.
“This always has been one of my favorite events of the year. This is my final 4th of July Family Parade and Picnic as your Mayor, so let’s make this year’s Independence Day the best ever!” says Mayor Mike Huether.
The event schedule for the celebration includes:
- 7:30 a.m.—Walk-up registration for the Fun Run/Walk will begin by the Falls Overlook Café.
- 8 a.m.—5K Fun Run/Walk will begin at Falls Park near the Falls Overlook Café.
- 10 a.m.—Parade will begin at 13th Street and will travel down Phillips Avenue to Falls Park. To join in the parade, register your entry at www.siouxfalls.org/july4. Online registration closes Monday, June 26.
- 11 a.m.—A free lunch will be served for the first 5,000 people in attendance on the north side of Falls Park.
- 11 a.m.—The Sioux Falls Municipal Band will perform a concert on the north side of Falls Park.
- 11:30 a.m.—A short program will include the presentation of the flags, the singing of the national anthem, and a welcome address by Mayor Mike.
- 12 noon—Mogen’s Heroes will perform.
For more information about all of the day’s festivities, go to www.siouxfalls.org/july4.