Rain Ended, Continue to Use Caution
Although the rain has ended and the thunderstorm watch in the Sioux Falls area has been cancelled, everyone needs to continue using caution this evening and into tomorrow when traveling around the city.
Pay attention to roads that may have been affected by flooding; missing manhole covers and/or debris may still be on roadways.
City teams from Public Works, Police, and Fire continue to monitor affected intersections around flooded areas. Current intersection, road and bike trail closures include:
• Westbound lane of 57th Street at Bahnson Avenue
• 85th Street and Grange Avenue
• Bike Trail at Pasley Park
• Bike Trail at Diamond Creek
• Farm Field Park – located at the northwest corner of 57th Street and Western Avenue
• Spencer Park
Other parks and areas of the Bike Trail may be impacted by flooding. Use caution when entering parks, accessing the bike path or visiting Falls Park.
• Do not drive into flooded intersections. Even a small amount of moving water can carry a vehicle off the road.
• Watch for manhole covers that may be missing from roadways. To report a missing manhole cover, call Public Works at 605-367-8188 or after 4:30 p.m. call
• Ensure sump pumps are draining outside your home. Improperly discharging sump pumps into the sanitary sewer system can result in sewage backups into homes. It is illegal to attach sump pumps to floor drains or otherwise connect them to the City’s sanitary sewer system. Sumps pumps should be discharged into yards or streets. To report a sewer backup, call the Public Works Water Reclamation Division at
605-367-8188 or after 4:30 p.m. call 605-367-8198.