91 Percent of Residents Say Sioux Falls Is a Good Place to Live
Jim David, City Council Operations Manager, announced today the results of the 2017 National Citizen Survey. In January 2017, 3,000 randomly selected Sioux Falls residents received a survey questionnaire asking for them to rate their satisfaction with various city services and quality of life characteristics of the community.
Of the 3,000 surveys, 29 percent were returned. Overall, the results from the survey were positive. Examples of the survey show:
• Sioux Falls is an excellent or good place to live: 91%
• Sioux Falls is an excellent or good place to raise children: 89%
• Sioux Falls is an excellent or good place to retire: 67%
• Sioux Falls’ overall quality of life is excellent or good: 88%
• Overall feeling of safety in Sioux Falls is excellent or good: 77%
• Those who feel very safe/somewhat safe downtown/commercial area during the day: 86%
• Affordable Housing in Sioux Falls is excellent or good: 45%
• Sioux Falls as an excellent or good place to work: 82%
“Sioux Falls’ residents are enthusiastic about our local quality of life and the opportunities our city has to offer them,” says City Council Chair Rex Rolfing. “While there are opportunities for improvement, our citizens recognize that they have a bright future in Sioux Falls.”
The 2017 National Citizen Survey results are available at http://www.siouxfalls.org/council/citizen-survey.