Job Opportunity: Seasonal
Seasonal Mosquito Control - Health Job Opportunities
Rate: $11.50 - $12.50 per hour
The City of Sioux Falls Mosquito Control is seeking reliable teammates to join our seasonal staff. This is a seasonal, non-benefitted position involving 30-40 hours per week. Interested parties must be able to obtain a G-9 certification through the department of Agriculture. This is an open book test paid for by the department upon hire. A valid driver’s license is also required. EOE.
Job responsibilities include all or a combination of the following:
- Applying approved larvacides and adulticides to control mosquito activity in water
- Survey and locate areas in which mosquitoes are likely to breed
- Collect contents of designated mosquito traps in and around the city
- Must be available occasional evenings for adulticide spray activities
- May be asked to distribute educational material or DEET in a variety of locations or public events. (Evening and weekend hours may apply)
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs
- This job requires a great deal of walking, some in rough terrain or adverse conditions.
- Must be organized and able to complete required documentation of applications and activities as required by the program
- Able to work independently and efficiently
- General cleaning/maintenance of equipment and vehicles/ATV’s required
- Must have strong social skills
To be considered for the position, complete the application for Part-time or Seasonal Positions.
This position open until filled.
If an ADA accommodation is needed, please contact Human Resources at 605-367-8740 or email@example.com.
Part-time or Seasonal Application
Step 1: Download and save the PDF application to your computer.
Step 2: Once saved, open the application in Adobe Reader. If you don’t have Adobe Reader, you can download it for free at https://get.adobe.com/reader.
Step 3: Fill out the application, then save your changes before closing.
Step 4: Attach the saved PDF document to an email, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.