Flood Management Updates and Tips
Sandbag drop-off/collection information
People with sandbags filled in preparation for spring flooding have several options on how to manage them.
- People living in flood-prone areas may want to store their sandbags for future use.
- Sandbags can also be opened and the sand used on the owner’s property. Empty sandbags can be placed in the garbage.
- The City has also opened three sandbag collection locations for disposal of sandbags.
Sandbag Drop-off Sites
- Riverdale Park parking lot—2000 East 24th Street View Map
- Tomar Park parking lot—100 West Twin Oaks Road View Map
- Sherman Park parking lot—2705 West 12th Street View Map
Hours of operation
- Daily: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 30 - Saturday, April 20.
Please drop off only during these hours of operation.
While the parks used for these drop-off locations remain closed to the public, the parking lots are open for use as sandbag collection locations.